The current Gatton Sewage Treatment Plant was built by the US Army during World War 2 and had reached the end of it’s service life. The University of Queensland engaged FB to design, construct, and commission a new STP.
Scope of work included:
- Complete a multidisciplined design including civil, structural, mechanical, process, electrical and controls systems
- Supply and installation of package inlet screen
- Installation of cast insitu concrete tanks for the balance tank, anoxic tank and SBRs
- Supply and installation of aeration blowers, distribution pipework and aeration grids
- Supply and installation of decanters, chemical dosing systems and mechanical sludge dewatering system
- Supply and installation of chlorine gas storage and dosing
- Construction of new blockwork building for operations, lunchroom, laboratory and chlorine gas
- Supply and install new main incomer power and backup generator with ATS
- Process commissioning, testing and proving.