Mareeba Shire Council required upgrade works to eight sewage pump stations that had endured considerable deterioration since their installation. The pump stations were located at various sites around the townships of Mareeba and Kuranda. FB was engaged as the principal contractor to install, repair and refurbish the pump stations and supply all materials, plant and labour.
Scope of work included:
- Installation, commissioning, and monitoring of bypass systems during upgrade works
- Relocation of existing switchboards, including electrical disconnections/connections of existing equipment and network integrations
- Removal, replacement, and refurbishment of redundant pipework, fittings and valves
- Cleaning, flushing, and re-coating of wet well surfaces, including concrete remediation
- Demolition and removal of existing concrete structures
- Construction of new reinforced concrete structures, including switchboard plinths, valve boxes and slabs
- Construction of a new retaining wall
- Earthworks and drainage improvements
- Fabrication and installation of access stairways and handrails
- Site reinstatement and general site clean-up.