Potato Point township is located inside a national park that operates on septic systems. NSW Public Works, on behalf of Eurobodalla Shire Council. Eurobodalla Shire Council engaged FB to install a sewer pumping station adjacent to the Potato Point township and a subsequent sewer rising main to Bodalla Sewage Treatment Plant.
Also required was the installation of a new water main to replace the existing AC main from Potato Point to Bodalla. FB was engaged as the primary contractor with the design completed by NSW Public Works.
Scope of work included:
- Construction of a sewer pumping station, including an above-ground cast in-situ wet well and storage tank
- Installation of 6.6km of PE100 sewer rising main
- Installation of 7.2km of sewer rising main
- Installation of 68 air and scour valves
- 363km of horizontal direction drilling (HDD) largely through a national park
- Upgrade of high-voltage supply, including installation of a new pole and transformer
- Consultation with private property owners, National Parks, and NSW State Forest stakeholders.