The Wyee Backlog Sewer Scheme and Pump Station was a Hunter Water project involving the installation of a gravity sewage system to enable the removal of a septic tank system. Monadelphous was the principal contractor to Hunter Water, and FB was subcontracted to Monadelphous. Monadelphous undertook the design component of the project. FB was engaged for construction only.
The scope of work included:
- Installation of approximately 4km of 150/225mm U-PVC gravity sewer lines
- Construction of structures such as manholes, maintenance shafts, etc.
- Construction of sewer pumping station
- Installation of sewer rising main.
Key achievements included:
- Installation of approximately 4km of U-PVC gravity sewer lines, including associated structures (maintenance chambers and precast manholes). Construction of a sewer pump station, including mechanical fit-out
- Successfully navigated COVID-19 impacts by securing alternative resources or means of undertaking works as required.